What is a Breast Cancer Diagnosis?
Susan K. Williford, M.D., Medical Oncologist Explains
If breast cancer is suspected or the patient is due for her routine mammogram, a diagnostic test may be performed, such as a diagnostic mammogram or ultrasound. If a breast cancer is suspected then a biopsy is taken either with a needle or an excisional biopsy where a piece of tissue is removed.
Ready to Own Your Breast Cancer Journey?
- Complete the breast cancer questionnaire.
- Get your list of advanced breast cancer treatment options.
- Compare treatments of patients like you.
- Learn about the treatment or trial that’s right for you.
- Get the guidance you need.
BREAST CANCER COMMUNITY
Girlfriends and Boyfriends, Let’s talk about breasts! Bosoms, boobs, breasts, chest. We all have them…in one form or another. For some, they are nothing more than a body appendage we