What are the breast cancer biomarkers?
What is the purpose of genetic testing for breast cancer biomakers?
Gaining information on your breast cancer tumor characteristics at the genetic level may give information that is useful for making treatment decisions; those are sometimes called “biomarkers.” Some clinical trials require the presence or absence of a certain biomarker / genetic alteration. Those trials may require this information in advance of application to the trial, while others may ask for a biopsy of your tumor, and perform the testing on site.
Ready to Own Your Breast Cancer Journey?
- Complete the breast cancer questionnaire.
- Get your list of advanced breast cancer treatment options.
- Compare treatments of patients like you.
- Learn about the treatment or trial that’s right for you.
- Get the guidance you need.
BREAST CANCER COMMUNITY
Girlfriends and Boyfriends, Let’s talk about breasts! Bosoms, boobs, breasts, chest. We all have them…in one form or another. For some, they are nothing more than a body appendage we