What are the Bladder Cancer Surgeries?
A transurethral resection (TURBT/TUR) is a surgical procedure that accesses the bladder through the urethra and removes tumors. It is often the first step in treating bladder cancer. It can even be used as a diagnostic procedure. Cystectomy is a surgery that removes the bladder – it can be either partially or completely removed. A partial cystectomy removes only a portion of the bladder, a radical cystectomy removes the entire bladder.
Ready to Own Your Bladder Cancer Journey?
- Complete the bladder cancer questionnaire
- Receive your personalized list of bladder cancer trials
- Compare patients’ treatment like yours
- Learn about the treatment or trial that’s right for you
- Get the guidance you need